Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Put On Your Red Dress Baby...

When I was a little girl, we had several female relatives that always told my mother..."she (meaning me ) is a redhead, you can NEVER dress her in RED!!" Well, thank goodness my mother did not have a problem with breaking that rule! For my first grade picture, she made it a point to buy me a bright red corduroy dress, which I wore proudly. To this day I get a smile on my face when I see that picture and remember my mother saying, "Now who says a redhead can't wear red !!!". I still love to wear the color, and I use it in decorating whenever I can, which brings me to my next little story.  
The boring little table
I spotted this little table piled with junk, in a corner at a fleamarket. She called to me "please take me home and fix me up". ( Don't you just love it when a piece of furniture talks to you?) Well, the dealer wanted to be rid of her for a really good price. I quickly paid him, carried her to the car and away we went. She lived at our house for a couple of weeks until I figured out just what to do with her. Then it hit me!! She needed a RED dress!!! So I dug out my can of Annie Sloan Emperor's Silk paint ( a really yummy red) and gave her that new dress, but I did not stop there. She needed a little jewelry, so with a great stencil and Martha Stewart metallic paint in the color Polished Silver, it gave her just the right bling.  

Ready to dance!

She is now ready to go to the dance!! Actually, she  stands out proudly in my booth, ready to move to a new home! Who wants the next dance??

2 comments:

RhettDidntGiveADamn said...

You did a terrific job!

(new follower here)

xo

Chameleon Girls said...

I wanna see the 1st grade picture!!