Monday, July 4, 2011

Dear Diary, Day One...the first step!

  • Dear Diary,This is my first blog! First post! I'm excited!!! My grandmother always told me, "if you don't at least try new things, you will never know if you are good at something." OK Mom-mom this is for you!! I also have to thank my grandmother, Abbie Jane, for teaching me to appreciate and use the talents God has given me. She had a love for handwork and antiques, cooking from  scratch and reading everything under the sun. I am hoping to share some of the things that this wonderful woman has inspired me to do. One thing that I always wanted to do was have an antiques booth in a beautiful shop. That came true for me in a great little shop called the Rusty Rooster.
Booth in Rusty Rooster
The joy of the hunt for unique and interesting things is a favorite pastime for Mr. Diary and I. This is where the " loves to travel " part of me comes in. We spend entire weekends looking for treasures to fill up our space. 

Love a good selection

Since I recently became a stockist for Annie Sloan Chalk Paint I have been adding painted pieces to our traditional things. I love having a variety for the shoppers to choose from.

Louis Blue chair and Old White and Duck Egg Blue side table

This booth changes on a regular basis so next time I share pictures it will not look like this. Actually the bookcase in the back of this picture is no longer there.  If you ever get to Denham Springs, LA make sure to come by the Antiques Village to see us.    Well Diary, I took the first step and it wasn't so bad. I will definitely will be back soon with a fun project!  Goodnight.         Lucinda

No comments: