Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Only Afters

Well! It's been some time since I have stopped by to visit, but I have been busy...VERY BUSY!! I had no idea that becoming a stockist for Annie Sloan Chalk Paint would turn my life up side down. It has and it's been great! Every day I get to meet and talk to new people that have been " turned on " to this amazing paint. If there are any of you out there reading this and need to purchase Chalk Paint please check out www.anniesloanunfolded.com. which gives you a list for the stockist closest to you.  So todays post is about the projects that never get their pictures taken as "befores". I only have the "afters". They are the ones that I couldn't wait to get started on and forgot to snap the picture to show how awful they looked before the transformation. So here we go with a little AFTER show and tell.              
sweet little table

a bit of gold trim
This pretty little table was painted with Aubusson Blue, then a light wash of Paris Grey. Gold gilding wax was used to highlight some of the raised detail.
happy trio
This was a custom job I completed for a Sorority house on the LSU campus. They chose Scandinavian Pink. I finished them up with one coat of clear wax and two coats of dark wax. This picture does not do these pieces justice. I had some happy clients!
my french beauty
This was a sad looking piece of French provincial furniture when I found it at a garage sale. It had that icky laminate top. The Duck Egg Blue covered it like a dream. I used a mixture of clear and dark wax, to give that antique look then again used my gold gilding wax to add a little interest, on hardware and details. I may have to keep this one if it doesn't sell soon! I am really trying to get better with the picture taking so for my next show and tell I plan to have Befores and Afters

5 comments:

Rachael said...

I love your sweet little table!!

Inspired by you said...

I have a piece similar to your french piece. I have finally found an inspiration. Okay maybe not such an inspiration as a plan to copy. Please tell me how you used this wax. I apparently can't figure the clear and dark wax thing out. I absolutely love this piece. If you could email me at julieinspiredbyyou@gmail.com and tell me how to wax my piece. I've got all the chalk paint and waxes just not the know how. Would so appreciate a little help. I'm so glad I saw your gorgeous piece!!!

Nanci said...

That dresser with the duck egg blue is beautiful! Nice job!

Decor & Harmony said...

That's ok sometimes we can only show the afters! I love the restyles :) I'm your newest follower. Now that you are a stockist you'll be busy. I hope you have time to create!

Little Moos and My Creative Pink. said...

I have been wondering about Scandinavian pink, how does it look with just the clear wax? With the dark wax from the picture it looks almost like a rust color. Would you say that is acurate? I love the little french piece!